mardi 19 avril 2016

Stop Abandon

Every year in the United States, 7.6 million companion animals enter animal shelters (3.9 million dogs and 3.4 million cats).

That's right. Every year million of people realize that, their companion animals are nothing else than a burden to them. The problem is, a companion animal is living, breathing and feeling. It's not a toy that you get for Christmas and certainly not a teddy bear !

Dogs and cats can live up to 20 years. So, once you decide to welcome them to your family, it's important to know that it's a life commitment. I wanted to approach this topic today because recently, I witnessed something upsetting.

Not later than yesterday, I went hiking. It was an amazing experience and the landscapes were breathtaking !
But when I arrived at the top of the mountain, someone unexpected showed. Here he was, an abandoned dog. He was desperate for help. He still had his necklace but by the way he looked, he had been here for a while. He was terrified, hurt and dehydrated. He was desperate for help. I wondered, how can you wake up one day and tell yourself "Today I'm going to abandon my dog on top of a mountain where he will be starving to death" ?

I wanted to scream but instead, I decided to write this post. People need to think about their choices, especially when it includes the life of another living being. If you can't take care of an animal, don't have one. And if you can't take care of your little companion anymore, please, at least take him to an animal shelter (which is where the little guy was brought.)

Don't abandon them.
http://www.safeplaceforanimals.com/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire